I Havoth Mine! Did You Get-eth Yours?

Thursday, January 13, 2005

blogs can be addicting, but you already knew that

I spent several hours yesterday cross stitching a coffee towel for a friend/client and listening to the latest Weisman/Hickman fantasy book:
Book 1 of The Bronze Canticles series, on my Rio via
http://www.audible.com (if you go there and sign up, let me know cause we both get freebies for it.) I love listening to books. Let's my hands do something else constructive.

I'm also reading a hardcover book, Terry Pratchett's Going Postal, and participating in his discussion group about this Discworld novel at
http://barnesandnobleuniversity.com B&N offers many online classes that are interesting and useful. And you don't have to buy course materials (is books) from them, but they offer good discounts sometimes to do so.

I spent another several hours reading someone else's blog. An old friend of mine, with whom I have kept in touch with as I should, has a blog on
http://www.mindsay.com but I found it very slow and cumbersome to go read her archives since last august. I slogged thru it. But that's why it was so slow. And she writes a lot of text. But she is really good. Check out an astute and clever writer at http://sharonevolving.mindsay.com/ .

Then I spent some time online with some random guy who saw my pic on my yahoo profile or something. I just turned on the "IM Me" feature two days ago. Now this gentleman I talked to was quite nice, or at least complimentary. But some of these yo-yos are really odd. Do they really think reading MY profile, that I'm looking for a lot of kinky sex with or without lotion? I just don't get it. Please Mr. Education Secretary, make manners, introductions and dating protocols and guidelines mandatory from the 7th grade up! Apparently parents don't teach some of these younger guys manners anymore. And some are just animals. "Rut with me!", they beg. ewwwww! I'm turning it back off today. I think. It is an interesting anthropologic study if nothing else about the Internet herd of males.

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From This-Is-True and Randy Cassingham

Havoth's Search Thingy