I Havoth Mine! Did You Get-eth Yours?

Friday, July 31, 2009

In Memoriam - My Sister Carmen


I cannot express how much I miss being able to call her and knowing I won't see her again...so to Carmen:
Though my heart is broken at the moment, all I can hear is your laughter and see you holding hands with me when we used to walk to the store as kids, and playing under the big mimosa tree in the summer, building a miniature zoo out of toothpicks and popsicle sticks, with all our little plastic animals as the occupants. I think at one time we both wanted be veterinarians together. We should have done that...but life took us in different directions and a 1000 miles apart and I regret not seeing you more often. Carmen, I hope that you can still see me and watch over me for I love you and will miss you forever... Kari

She and I both played pool (when we played each other it was always pretty even, I'm a lefty switch hitter, and would always be able to wear her down-not win but at least stay even) and she was actually good enough to play on the Miller Lite Team and ended up 16th in the nation playing in Las Vegas at a National competition around 1979-81, I can't remember the exact year, now for some reason. So:
We now drink a toast
for Carmen was the most
ace stick in the room.
for there they were
always behind so far and
shooting pool like they were using a broom...

I have so much more to say and tell you, my gentle readers, about my sister, but my hand hurts a lot now. I'll post that stuff later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From This-Is-True and Randy Cassingham

Havoth's Search Thingy