I Havoth Mine! Did You Get-eth Yours?

Sunday, March 18, 2018

And so it goes...Ode to Carmen

i never published this.. then.. in 2009. funny how you come back and go OH MY! at what you were thinking at the time.


Where to begin...
My sister Carmen passed away this morning...
Before I had another chance to see her since Christmas 08.
Before I completely understood everything that was wrong with her physically/pathologically...
Before I ever got to reconcile every last sibling rivalry/jealousy/misunderstanding with her...but I think she knew most of them even if not in elegant words.
Which is NOT to say Carmen didn't say elegant words.
If you heard her talk, you would swear she'd been brought up white trash American-Style.
It wasn't true.
My sister was as educated and erudite as a civil disobedient speechmaker in a Thoreau poem. But you had to get it in writing.
Her handwriting always startled me in it's elegance. Her speech would make you think she was an uneducated country bumpkin. And maybe in some ways, she added to that myth on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From This-Is-True and Randy Cassingham

Havoth's Search Thingy